Canoe trips... for couples, groups or families with children. Possibly the most memorable part of your trip to Estonia. Amazing variety of views - manycoloured spectacular sandstone cliffs, narrow winding rivers, Estonian rapids, habitats of beavers … enjoy the landscape or the possibility to exercise or both. NB! The climate of our Nordic country can be very unpredictable, so think about extra clothing and footwear and a raincoat.
The price includes:
Prices start from 300 EEK
- a place in the canoe
- using a paddle and a life-jacket
- briefing on using the paddle
- guidance and help
- bandages and pills, if needed
The trips follow a general pattern that has proved to work.
Booking and information
- People CALL us 050 55 702 and tell which date they prefer and how many people want to come. We book the canoes (for canoers from 1 to about 60, depending on the river - on some rivers the group has to be about 12 or more, on some rivers we'll come with you even if you are alone).
- Usually the trips start at about 10 in the morning, and on Saturdays there is sometimes another trip in the afternoon. We'll fix the time and place of meeting with the guide. That's where you'll get ready to go to the river (clothing, snacks etc).
- The drivers take the cars to the finish of the trip and we take the drivers back to the start of the trip.
- Everybody can choose a life-jacket (there are special ones for children, so you should tell the number and age of the children when booking the trip) and a paddle.
- The beginners are told how to use the paddle and off the canoers go. The canoers are free to paddle as slowly or as fast as they want to, or as they have agreed between the two of them - it can be tricky sometimes! We do not interfere if everything is O.K. , but we'll be there on the riverbank from time to time to make sure everything really is O.K.
- In the middle of the trip there is a stop to eat for everyone.
The things you might need
Call 050 55 702. Accommodation: Kristel Liiver, 056 491 694. If you want to tent, we'll show the place(s) after or before the trip. Should it happen that you can not come - call us. Someone will be happy to come instead of you.
NB! NO ALCOHOL DURING THE TRIP!
- woollen socks - they keep warm even if they get wet
- a raincoat or a big plastic bag in case it happens to rain - you never know in Estonia
- extra clothing and footwear in the car, in case you get wet. Don't wear brand-new things to avoid getting distressed if they're muddy at the end of the trip. Better have too many (bikinis, warm jumpers etc.) than too few. Our weather can be very changing and unpredictable, especially in spring.
- a baseball cap or something in sunny weather
- a plastic bag or something for the things you decide to take into the canoe. A light snack or soft drinks could be useful.
in South Estonia, round Otepää. You'll start on foot, go on by canoe and back by bike. It can be a one-day or two-days trip. Canoeing is possible on the Kooraste River Valley (11 smaller and bigger lakes joined by a very narrow rivulet) or on the Väike-Emajõgi. Details will be discussed with the group.